Rise Local is hiring on-site Junior Copywriters. As a professional copywriter, you will produce informative and engaging content with a clear purpose and actionable message. You absolutely must have the ability to write personable, readable, and creative copy in a wide range of industries. Ultimately, our goal is to increase brand awareness and customer engagement. You will interact directly with customers via phone, chat, and email to discuss and understand their needs; then follow through with the solution. Customers should want to visit, call, or submit a lead form after reading your content. You will learn and use SEO and local marketing concepts to ensure your work is easily found in Google searches. Our content is fresh and authentic, with absolutely zero spam. We write content for local audiences that we expect will be read and responded to. Simply put, we’re writing for engagement.
- Write and proofread blog posts and web page copy
- Conduct keyword research
- Create promotional copy for advertisements, banners, brochures, social media, and websites
- Submit well-written drafts to senior copywriter within deadlines
- Update existing website content for our clients
- Implement up to date SEO practices to increase blog and website visibility
- Conduct interviews for biographical information and video content
- Transcribe interviews and write captions for videos
- Write scripts for video and podcasts
- This position is entry-level but we prefer that you have at least two (2) years of paid, intern, volunteer work experience, or general writing experience.
- You must be able to provide at least three (3) personal and/or employer references.
- You REALLY, REALLY love to write. You can write quickly and accurately about a variety of topics. You have an excellent grasp of the English language, including grammar, spelling, English idioms, patterns of speech, and local context.
- You must enjoy talking to customers and helping them articulate their needs. Customer service is an equally important part of this position and you must be comfortable and confident speaking with customers.
- You should have previous writing experience and be published somewhere on the web. We want to see examples from a personal blog, freelance copywriting, college newspaper, etc. Please provide links to your sample work when you submit your resume.
- You’re motivated, organized, and detailed-oriented.
- You have top-tier time management skills. Meeting deadlines is essential.
- Experience with WordPress and Google Drive
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or comparable field
We are looking for a Junior Copywriter who will work closely with our Marketing and Creative teams to write blog posts and advertisements that promote our client’s products and services.
Junior Copywriter responsibilities include conducting SEO and keyword research, writing blog posts, updating product and service page descriptions, and writing promotional text for banners and online ads. If you have a flair for words, copywriting samples, and a professional or academic background in Marketing, we’d like to meet you.